Sunday, March 7, 2010

Huzzah, Something Accomplished!

Well this week went by pretty fast considering that half the class was missing. At least on Thursday I got to see an example of how my professor wants my research paper. I still need to grab one of those folders, so I don’t forget until the last minute. Over spring break, I plan on finishing the annotated bibliography. I still need to find a few more sources before I can even complete it, but I’m not too worried. Oddly I enjoy doing my work at the last minute. When I have a lot of time on my hands I just end up doing something else. It’s not until the weekend its due that I really get any work done. It’s probably not the best habit, but it’s been working well for me for years. The problem is that people cram all their work for all their classes then expect to finish it within a few hours. At least I’m realistic about the whole thing. I keep an eye on all the things that are due and I’m good at estimating how long it’s going to take me. That way I’m not freaking out at four in the morning because I just remembered I had something else due.

I’m ready to wrap up the semester personally. Once I get through the research paper and performing a speech for another class, it’s smooth sailing for me. Besides once I’m finished for the semester I can take another job and really gather some cash for a new car. That way I can stop bumming off my friends for a ride to school, hah. All my classes are going well; the only ones that really suck up my time after school are English and Public Speaking. Not really surprising since both require a lot of writing, but it’s not really a bother since I get out of school early.

0 comments: