Saturday, March 13, 2010

After Spring Break

Well there’s not much to say about what’s been going on this week since it was Spring Break. I personally spent it seeing my boyfriend, working at the local Dairy Queen and finishing my annotated bibliography. Well I can’t really say it’s finished, I still need to write about two more sources. I’m actually finishing for the night and thought I might as well get this out of the way. I have a new hatred for annotated bibliographies though, hah. Okay it’s not the bibliography that I hate so much, but the spring fever that has come over me this break. I would do anything except that one assignment over the break. The only time I’d work on it is if I had NOTHING left to do. Seriously, I cleaned the whole house before finally sitting down to start on it. I don’t know, I think in the future I’m just going to choose generic topics again. Don’t get me wrong, writing about zombies and the horror genre has been a blast this year, but it makes procrastinating much harder. I could Google abortion or same-sex marriage and within minutes find what I need; I can easily find books relating to topics like that. But topics like the evolution of zombies and how their audience has changed? Or the evolution of the horror genre and if it’s changed can be considered perverse or just evolution? As much as I love these topics, they’re not a constant highlight. I actually have to dig deep to find sources that can help and there’s not many credible sources out there about it. Bah humbug, next time I have to do a research paper I’ll just pick a generic topic. It’ll bore the hell out of my professor because it won’t be anything he/she hasn’t seen already, but at least it’ll be easy. The end of this semester can’t come any sooner.

0 comments: