Saturday, March 27, 2010

Research and Service Project

So I’m working on my research paper and it’s surprisingly going by pretty fast. It was a good idea for my class to bring our research outlines and compare them with each other. Apparently I helped a classmate just by them reading how I outlined my paper. The outline also makes writing my research paper easier. It’s nice having a plan to follow. I’m glad the professor asked for a rough draft a week before the whole thing is due. I can easily cover four pages for the rough draft, and then another four for the final copy. It helps that I have a lot of sources and references for easy access to prove my point. Eventually I’ll hit a plateau like I do with all my writing assignments, but with two weeks to completely finish it, I’ll be good.

I skimmed through the instructions for the service learning project due a week after the research paper and all I have to say about it is, “Really?” I’m all for helping the community, but I’d rather do it on my own time and free will instead of being graded on doing so. It’s an English class, I expect to write essays and research papers, not so much going out around campus doing a good deed and writing about it. Sorry, just not my cup of tea. I’m also hoping that we can do it on the TCC campus, because there’s no way I can convince my mom to drive out to ODU. She’s old and cranky, I’m lucky she even shares her car with me.

Eh, I guess I’ll get all my answers in a week or so. In the meantime I’ll just think about what I can do for my service project and see if maybe a few of my classmates would like to join in.

0 comments: