Sunday, February 7, 2010

Research

So I’ve been thinking about it and I’ve come to the decision that I will do my research paper on zombies, what they’re important to today’s culture, and how they’re the best monsters because of it. I mean I’m fairly educated in the mythology of zombies and vampires, where they originate, what they’ve represented in the last couple of decades. There are a couple of academic journals about them and I actually a few people who major in their mythology of zombies and society. I already had to interview a professor at ODU about zombies so I can add that to my paper.

I’ll organize my paper by first off explaining my thesis on how zombies are society’s top monster then, I’ll talk about the origins of zombies and vampires. I’ll go on to explain how they are metaphors and allusions to things going on in society and how they change throughout the decade to reflect society. I’ll then explain how zombies are better than vampires because of how zombies are still able to evolve while vampires today have reached their limit and have actually started to degrade back to their original monstrous form. I’ll add interviews I have done recently to defend both views to give my paper even more credibility.

I’ve learned some new things outside of school. Recently my cat has gone missing so I’ve been forced to go to animal control, post signs, and ask my neighbors nearby to keep on the lookout for him. While researching ways to find him I have found that there are two ways to search depending if your cat is an indoor or outdoor cat. Unfortunately because my cat is an outdoor cat, I have to search around a 5 mile radius because indoor cats will be too scared to travel, where as my cat knows the area. I mean on the bright side he is a hunter, so either someone has taken him in or he’s injured. I’m hoping it’s the first one and someone see’s the lost cat signs.

0 comments: