Friday, May 7, 2010

Final Blog

Well the semester is finally wrapped up. I turned in my portfolio this week and finished all my finals this week. This semester seemed to have gone by so fast. Right now I’m debating on whether I should stay another semester at TCC or if I should transfer to ODU now. I’m leaning to transferring to ODU just because I know not all my credits are guaranteed to transfer so it would suck if I got my associates at TCC only to find out that I still need to repeat a similar past class because ODU won’t accept it. I’ll spend this weekend thinking about it and then decide because I know the deadline to ODU is coming up.

I liked all my classes. Philosophy gave me some interesting thoughts to think about, statistics will come in handy in the future, public speaking… Okay, that was a lame class, but history was fun as always with Dr. Rodner, and English gave me an idea on how a lot of college writing will be like in the future. My first semester of English felt like high school, and not even the writing I was used to. It was a letdown that I was in AP English back in school and the papers I was assigned were so easy. This semester actually rose to my original expectation of what English class would be like. Oddly, I liked the challenge. Easier things tend to not interest me at all.

I’m happy summer is here now, but I’m glad I took the classes I did this semester. So thanks Ms. Shaffer. Being in your class was fun! Hopefully you get that full time job at ODU, if not then I hope TCC provides you a room with a desktop and a projector, haha. Oh, and thanks for that information on ODU.

0 comments: