Friday, May 7, 2010

Presentations

Presentations were really interesting for the most part. I learned a few things I wasn’t quite aware of before and the handouts were actually quite informative as well. I liked how Ashley’s presentation pointed out the flaws on the abstinence program. I was one of the lucky ones as my schools taught me a lot about sex and any questions I had I could talk to any of my four sisters. However, I’ve had friends who’ve believed some myths on sex and it’s ended up getting them in trouble. The presentations on marijuana were pretty cool as well. I already knew a lot about the plant, how hemp was similar to marijuana but you can’t get high off of it, how you can’t get addicted to marijuana. But I didn’t know the whole history on it, where it originated, etc. The one presentation that could have used a lot of work was the one of nuclear energy. I don’t even remember who the guy was who did it, but his power point was plain and boring for both presentations and I don’t even remember what exactly he was researching or what his service project was at all.

Personally, I wasn’t as nervous to give my presentation as I used to be. I’ve been doing presentations all semester so I was getting used to it. It also helps that I knew a lot of my classmates. The more people I know personally, the less freaked out I get. I think my presentation went well. I had to cover a lot of information so I just tried to cover the main important parts. When it comes to the service project, I did the same thing. I wasn’t worried about my presentation on my service project just because it wasn’t as important as I thought my research presentation was.

0 comments: