Sunday, January 17, 2010

Expectations

My expectations for English 112 are the same as it’s always been for every English class I’ve ever taken. I hope that this class improves my ability to flow as a writer, to write stronger arguments and research papers. I also hope that I’ll learn something new and unexpected. In the past I’ve always learned something new about myself or something that helps me in my writing that I wasn’t expecting.

I’m pretty skilled as a writer when I need to be. My main problem is getting into the topic I need to write about. How I write is reflected on what I think of the topic itself. If I’m not too enthused about writing something, I’m more likely to push it off until the last minute. However, if it’s a topic I’ve chosen or I’m interested in writing about the topic given to me I’ll work hard on it and happily give it my all. I guess right now would be a perfect example of this. Honestly, I’m not too interested in writing an academic blog hence why I waited until almost three hours before it’s due. I would have probably have put it off until the last hour but I’m going out shortly. I’m the master of procrastination.

I won’t mind taking this class though because I think it’s important for me to improve my skills in argumentative and research papers. School in general involves a lot of writing so any way to improve my writing is very much welcome. I especially enjoy reading argumentative papers because it gives me the chance to see other point of views. Although English 112 is a lot like my last English class, it’s going over new things like audience awareness. I didn’t get to go deep into the importance of audience awareness other than to remember who you’re writing to. I’m interested to see how audience awareness really affects my writing.

0 comments: